On February 4, 2015 I made this screen shot from Watermelon Web Works’ portfolio page where they showcased some of the sites they have designed, including mine. Not surprisingly, at some point in the last couple of weeks they stopped showcasing it. It’s one backlink I don’t mind losing. Continue reading Watermelon Web Works Review: Part 18
On October 27, 2014, I had a Eureka moment: “Computer code on my site does the Fandango!”
I had figured out what caused price glitches on my website. One day my customers would be charged the correct amount and the next day they wouldn’t. It had been a problem ever since my site went live in February.
If customers were overcharged, I immediately emailed them and sent a refund.
I spent much of the July 2013 in Norway visiting my brother Peter and his family. Peter, Alex, his seven-year-old son, and I stopped at a café on the way to the airport shuttle. Alex ordered a single scoop of ice cream.
“Is that all you want?” I asked. “It’s on me. You can have more. We won’t tell your mom. How about a banana split?”
“What’s a banana split?” he asked.
“You’ve never bought this child a banana split!” I said to my brother.
On July 22, 2014, I emailed my web designers, Watermelon Web Works, about a pricing glitch that caused some of my few customers to be overcharged. This was the fourth time this particular problem had happened. Watermelon repeatedly said that what caused the glitches was my editing something called “attributes” on cartoon product pages. I repeatedly told them I had made no such edits.
They replied they were looking for a way to fix this “in an affordable manor [sic].”
On June 29, 2014, I emailed Paul Clerc, Watermelon Web Works head guru, and asked if I could get a partial refund of the $7,802.97 I had paid them to redesign my site. In the five-and-a-half months since the new site went live it was visited under 600 times, netted $159.89, and I had no new cartoons commissioned.
In the same period a year earlier, February 17 to June 29, the site was visited over 200,000 times, I netted $8,350, and I had dozens of cartoons commissioned.
On June 8, 2014, I sold two cartoons from my site for a total of $40. The transaction went smoothly: the customer was charged the correct amount and was able to instantly download the cartoons as soon as he paid for them. The cyber Gods were with me that day.
On June 11 I sold one cartoon for $15, and the customer was able to instantly download the cartoon. At least that part of the transaction went as it was supposed to.
I looked at my merchant’s receipt: The customer had checked that he was going to use the cartoon in multiple presentations. I charge $15 to use a cartoon in one presentation, $30 to use it in multiple presentations.